Your Custom ApparelSupply Destination
Flat embroidery is 2-dimensional or flat with no depth. Designs are stitched directly onto the surface of fabric using thread. 3D embroidery, sometimes described as puff embroidery, uses a foam backing material to make the design three dimensional.
This 3d foam is designed to create a raised embroidery look. Embroidery foam sheets are usually non-toxic, water-resistant and machine washable. The type of foam used should be puffy and able to tolerate the repeated punctures of embroidery needles without ripping. The repeated striking of the needlework process cuts the foam into its desired design, triggering it to increase in size and puff out. Resulting in a design that appears raised from the surface of the apparel. Standard thickness of foam used in raised texture design or 3D embroidery is usually 3 mm. To give more depth to a project, foam with a thickness of 4 mm or 6 mm can be used. Colman and Company Embroidery Foam is available in different thicknesses and colors and is perfect for creating 3D embroidery products.
3D or puff embroidery works best on simple designs. Since this technique requires the use of foam it can be difficult to achieve intricate designs. The foam thickness will also play a role in how detailed your design can be. Once cut the foam should expand in size and will decrease the depth available between objects.
The material or fabric used in 3D puff embroidery plays a vital role in the finished product. Lightweight or thin materials can’t support the structure of the foam are likely to buckle, wear and tear easier than thicker materials. Heavier or thicker materials are strong enough to support the foam and extra stitching needed for this technique. Incorporating this technique to your machine embroidery design will produce an element of depth and texture not found in flat or 2D embroidery. Put your 3D embroidery skills to the test and check out our step-by-step tutorial.
Items Needed (click to buy supplies):
4. Place a piece of embroidery puff onto the backing to cover the box border. 5. Sew out your design onto the embroidery puff and tear away backing.
6. Once the design is finished, remove the hoop from the machine.
7. Using tweezers, scissors, or possibly a hot knife, remove the excess puff from around your design (Be sure to leave the remainder of the design on the backing).
8. Use the Tempo Adhesive Spray to adhere the mesh fusible backing *shiny side down* to the back of the backing.
9. Adhesive spray the front of the puff extremely well, making sure to get adhesive into all of the details of the design so that your sweater can adhere firmly to the design.
10. Insert the hoop to the inside of the sweater.
11. Use a blunt tool to rub and press the sweater into the design made with the embroidery puff.
12. Place the hoop with the sweater back onto the machine.
13. Sew the design out again.
14. Remove the sweater from the machine and the hoop.
15. Flip the sweater inside out and remove the tear away backing. *BE SURE TO NOT REMOVE THE MESH BACKING*
16. Keep your sweater inside out, use a heat press or iron to adhere the mesh backing to the sweatshirt to lock in the embroidery puff.
17. Flip the sweater right side out and your sweater is complete!
Learn about Sustainable Printing Methods for T-Shirts, Textiles, and other Materials Hey, any of you out there curious about sustainable printing methods? Well, pull up
Personalized candles can be a lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs entering the customization industry or for established businesses aiming to diversify their current product offerings. The
In the competitive world of apparel customization, the choice between Direct to Film (DTF) and White Toner printing technologies is crucial. This comprehensive comparison delves deep into the strengths and weaknesses of both. We analyze their efficiency in production, quality of the final print, cost-effectiveness, and suitability for various fabric types. The article aims to guide businesses in making an informed decision, highlighting how each technology can influence your customization capabilities and overall business strategy. Whether you are a startup or an established entity, understanding the nuances of DTF and White Toner printing is pivotal for optimizing your operational efficiency and product quality.
Accepted Payment Methods:
Free Shipping & Ground Shipping available in USA only, not in AK or HI.