Your Custom ApparelSupply Destination
JET-OPAQUE ® Heat Transfer Papers are designed for the ink jet heat t ransfer printing of photos and images to dark colored T-shirts, sweatshirts, mousepads, puzzles and leathergoods. Choose garments that have a tight weave. This is particularly important when transferring to sweatshirts.
IMPORTANT: Make one shirt and wash it by itself before producing your order. This will help you from making costly mistakes and will allow you to take corrective action before you make a quantity of shirts. When the instructions are followed you will get excellent results!
IMPORTANT: For textile (shirts, mouse pads, etc) printing anything higher than 200-250 DPI is a
waste of ink & time and it will not produce better results. In fact, you may create a bleeding problem if you use too much ink!
1. DO NOT mirror the image. 2. Load the paper so that the image will appear on the coated side of the paper. 3. JET-OPAQUE ® Heat Transfer Paper should be fed into the printer with the short dimension first (grain long). 4. Trim away any un-printed paper around the image if desired.5. Slowly peel the paper backing from the transfer film, starting with a small tear in the corner to make separating easier.
1. Place the film on top of the garment with the printed side up. Cover with a silicone ironing sheet (sold separately). Press for: 20-30 seconds at 300 F using medium pressure.
2. Remove the ironing sheet after it cools.
3. Hand ironing instructions are on the reverse side.
Turn garment inside out and wash in cold water using a mild detergent. Do not use bleach. Dry on low heat setting. Do not iron directly on the transferred area.
Store JET-OPAQUE® Heat Transfer Papers in a cool, dry area and do not remove from carton or poly bag until you are ready to use.
Dark colored polyester and nylon are not recommended because the dye may migrate into the transfer.
We thoroughly test each of our products on various substrates using different transfer equipment (including many different hand irons). However, it is impossible for us to duplicate all variables using all subs trates and transfer equipment. Therefore, it is essential that you test the paper prior to production using your equipment, methods, and substrate material. Heatp resses vary in accuracy. Conduct tests to determine the best time and temperature to use with your equipment. Please keep in mind that the Seller’s and Manufacturer’s maximum obligation shall be to replace any paper that has proven to be defective. Neither the Seller nor the Manu facturer shall be liable for any injury, direct or consequential, arising out of the use of, or inability to use this paper.
1. Preheat iron to highest setting. Do not use steam. (Empty all water.) 2. Iron on a very smooth hard surface that is waist level or below. Do not use an ironing board. Place a pillowcase on the surface and iron the pillowcase to remove any wrinkles.3. Put the garment on the center of the pillowcase and iron it to remove wrinkles. 4. Place the transfer with the image side up in the center of the garment with the ironing sheet on top. 5. Hand ironing is recommended only for T-shirts and light-weight fabrics.
1. Using 2 hands, firmly slide the iron up and down as shown in the diagram. In 90 seconds, make enough passes to completely iron the shirt 2 times. The iron should be halfway off the edge when the edges are ironed.
2. Using 2 hands, firmly slide the iron side to side as shown in the diagram. In 90 seconds, make enough passes to completely iron the shirt 2 times including all edges. The iron should be halfway off the edge when the edges are ironed.
3. For smaller transfer one-half sheet or less, the ironing time is reduced to 1.5 minutes total. If transfer area is smaller than the iron, iron for 30 seconds with heavy pressure.
Allow transfer to cool for approximately 2 minutes and remove paper.
Accepted Payment Methods:
Free Shipping & Ground Shipping available in USA only, not in AK or HI.