8432WT Toners and Drums

Do I Need a Toner Cartridge or an Image Drum? TONER is the powder ink that latches on to the paper to create text and images. It is stored in the toner cartridge. An IMAGE DRUM is the unit that copies the text and images from the computer and then transfers them to the paper, along with the toner. Your printer will let you know whether you need a new toner cartridge or if it's the image drum unit that needs to be replaced. If the toner cartridge has run out of toner, then you will need to replace it. If the drum has been in the printer through several toner cartridge replacements, it's likely that you'll need to replace the drum unit. For both the image drum and the toner cartridge, signs of wear are black lines or spots on the pages. To be sure of which one you need to change, it's important to pay attention to your printer's updates and what it is telling you! Your Toner is the brown box and your Image Drum is the white box. *Refer to your owners manual for changing your drum*
Spinning Cones of Thread