- HTV (Heat transfer vinyl) is a proven and long time standing method of creating custom t shirts. Most methods of creating custom apparel are limited to materials and style of garments.
Some methods of t shirt printing cannot work with cotton, others cannot work with polyester or blends. They also can vary based on the color or weave of the fabric.
Heat transfer vinyl is superior for these reasons. Your methods of application, look and color are all virtually unchanged. If you have blue vinyl... it will go on just about any shirt.
One last important note is that it's clean. No chemicals to clean with, no liquids, no mess, no dirty hands, no stained floors and carpet. Excess HTV can be disposed of with limited waste
and no need for special chemical disposal.
- Simply put, No. The material we sell with this kit is designed to have a soft hand and virtually go right into the shirt. In some designs it is even hard to feel where the material was placed.
It won't feel hot, thick, rubbery or uncomfortable. Yes, this material is thicker than doing something like DTG printing, but there are always costs and benefits.
The bottom line is that you and your customers will love it.
- No you don't. Since you are working with vinyl material and not CMYK ink printing, it takes away a lot of complications. You will work with solid colors, glitters and alike.
Since you aren't printing, you take away a lot of complicated processes like color matching, gradients, color bleeding and more. If you do have some software and design experience
you will absolutely pick this up extremely fast; experience always helps. There are also plenty of resources online for purchasing pre-made art or getting custom designs converted to vector formats. We will help you get started with the software and then it's just 'practice makes perfect.'
- Let's start with a simple explanation; we can chat in detail about layering and more later. Here are the steps:
- The short answer is YES. The longer answer is, it depends. Not all HTV is created equal. Plenty of materials do not adhere to garments as well or can appear to wrinkle easily.
This is true with any apparel decorating methods, cheaper knock off style methods won't wash well, won't feel good and won't stand the test of time. However, when you choose to work with
good quality custom apparel products, like what comes with the Cut n Press, you will find that it washes well, lasts long and brings back repeat customers!
You can purchase design packages by Action Illustrated right here. These are all vector files and will work great with vinyl, rhinestones, printing, embroidery and more.
When you click on the products you will find all of the details in the description, this will explain in detail. There are two kits we currently offer; the Starter and the Professional.
These kits are basically the same, but the professional kit comes with a larger heat press and significantly more vinyl. You can watch our unboxing video below to get a great detailed explanation.
This video specifically goes over the Starter kit.
Accepted Payment Methods: